Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Well, it's been over a year, although I hadn't realized it before I checked the date stamp on my last post. March 2009? Really? I thought I just took a break for a month or so... A year is definitely not as long as it used to be.

But here I am, relaunching my blog, hopefully to be more diligent in letting far-flung loved ones know what's going on in the Garrett family. Which often isn't a whole lot, but if you love us, maybe you want to know anyway.

I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter! We have been enjoying the day, and the schizophrenic weather of spring in Utah. The kids made a snowman in the morning and were jumping on the trampoline in the afternoon. That's April around here.

Yesterday, H and L put on a dance show for us. H learned the Bunny Hop and the Electric slide in P.E., and diligently taught L the Bunny Hop so they could do an Easter dance show for us. He took his role as teacher very seriously. L, for her part, hung on his every word, evidently very flattered to be invited to do a show with her big brother. They didn't have the music, but we enjoyed the show anyway. Here's a video J took of the event.


H has gone on to create "tickets," which he means to take to some friends tomorrow to invite them to come see their dance show. I suppose I ought to make some refreshments available, or something, if they gather an audience.

Here is a picture of L and N during the egg-decorating last night. As you can see, they felt they deserved to be decorated as much as any hard-boiled egg. Unfortunately, upon removing the stickers we found they had irritated the skin, so they went to bed with red splotchy foreheads.


Once again, a Happy Easter! He is risen. I know that my redeemer lives!


1 comment:

JaredNGarrett said...

Lovely. Please to keep up the blogging!